Have you ever been at some conference — stuffed with hundreds of business cards — and wondering the how the hell any of these people are gonna remember you? (Or if they’ll ever do business with you in the future?)
Let me show a you a cool ninja trick where you can use EverNote and IFTTT (If this, then that) to a) Scan a person’s business card and b) Which triggers an automated email to be sent from your LinkedIn profile to them.
Trust me: do this in front of people and they WILL remember you. (And think you are way cooler than you actually are.)
So, how do you learn this David Blaine-level magic? Well, here’s what you do:
Phase 1 – Setting Up the IFTTT Recipe
- Grab the IFTTT app in your app store of choice
- Click on recipe store (“Recipes” are the automated rules you can set up across your different social media platforms)
- Type in linkedin (Connece with your IFTTT account)
- Click on “Set up new recipes”
- Search for “Send new linkedin connections an email right after they accept invitation”
- Edit the message to say what you want
Phase 2 – Setting Setting Up the EverNote Part
- Download the Evernote mobile app
- Click photo, take picture of business card
- Evernote will pull info and ask if you want to connect on linkedin
- Right there you can email your new contact
Now you MAY need to sign up for Evernote Premium to do this for over the long-term. But at $3/month I think it’s totally worth it.
And as marketing magic tricks go…this one is pretty damn sweet.